Life with boys in the house can be interesting at times. A few weeks ago I was picking up my oldest boy child from football practice and I had the younger kiddo in tow. The younger brother was in a mood because we were on our way to take him to a friends house when big-bro called needing to be picked up. This would alter his arrival time by approximately 3-5 minutes so of course it is a HUGE inconvenience it also means that he was in feisty mode.
Here is the exchange that followed between them. And in the off chance that anyone knows those mentioned in the story, I have changed the names to avoid embarrassment for my children. LOL
Big Bro: "hey Birch", (I have no idea why they refer to each other as Birch) "Jane is here. Did you see her?"
Jane is the same age as little bro.
Little Bro:"No I didn't see her. And why would I care that she's here anyway?"
Big Bro: " Cause you think she's HOT!"
Little Bro: "No I don't. You're the one who is always talking about her. You must be the one who likes her."
Big Bro: "OH MY GOSH! You are DISGUSTING! I am in TENTH grade and she's in the sixth. YOU like her."
Little Bro: "No I don't. YOU DO! That's why you always point her out to me."
Big Bro: "UH NO!!! she is FOUR years younger than me."
Little Bro: "So? Pop's 48 and Mom is.... How old are you Mom?"
Me: "29." (why are they draggin' me into this??)
Big Bro: "She's THIRTY NINE"
Little Bro: "I thought Pop was 8 years older than you?"
Me : "He is... he just had a birthday remember?"
Little Bro: "oh yeah. So Birch, Pop is 8 years older than Mom...that means that there is a second grader out there waiting to be your wife!"
Thursday, November 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! I would have probably driven into something at that point! Where do they come up with these lines?! Actually, I am not surprised ~ you and DH are both wickedly witty. I'll be LOLing all day!
Post a Comment